Author: MA Honglei |
With the integration and reconstruction of the State Key Laboratory and Key Laboratory of CAS at Changchun Institute of Optics, Fine Mechanics and Physics (CIOMP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), the Key Laboratory of Optical System Advanced Manufacturing (KLOSAM) is to be founded. Positions, including one director and four deputy directors at the brand-new KLOSAM, are open for application. Researchers from either domestic or overseas are invited. Applications, nominations and expressions of interest are welcomed. Detailed information on the positions and the application procedures are as follows:
1.Director of KLOSAM
1. Responsible for both the research and the executive works at KLOSAM, planning the research works based on a solid understanding of the current trends in science, and advancing the comprehensive research capabilities;
2. Responsible for the human resource management, planning the research team building, with a focus on the high-level research scientist from both domestic and abroad, so to build an innovative research team;
3. Lead and carry out frontier research works, so to improve the academic capability and the scientific significance of the laboratory;
4. Organize key scientific programs or projects (including international cooperation) of China, and help cultivate significant scientific and technological achievements;
5. Strengthen international cooperation and exchanges, extend collaboration with foreign universities and scientific research institutions.
The applicant should
1. Abide by scientific ethics, be passionate about the job;
2. Have a broad view of the scientific development and deep insight into the related research fields at KLOSAM;
3. Have significant academic influence and high reputation in optics and/or optical engineering;
4. Hold a full Professor (Researcher, or other equivalent level) position at a renowned university or research institute, and younger than 50 years old (born after January 1st, 1972);
5. Possess a record of progressive leadership experience in academic administration that includes strategic planning and communication, decision-making, personnel management (faculty and staff), resource management and quality academic programming and delivery.
6. Work full-time at KLOSAM.
1. Assist the Director with the management of the laboratory, according to the division of responsibilities.
2. Assist the Director in scientific funding application, human resource management and high-level research team building, help improve the research platform, strengthen international cooperation, and promote scientific exchanges and collaborative innovation.
3. Build high-level research team according to the scientific expertise of the applicant, lead the research development in the frontier areas, fundamental science, and core technologies; help produce significant scientific and technological achievements, and continuously improve academic reputation and industrialization of the research outcomes.
The applicant should
1. Abide by scientific ethics, and be passionate about the job.
2. Be a research scientist with relatively high scientific influence in optics, optical engineering, fine mechanics and instruments and other related fields, and have good academic innovation vitality and potential.
3. be younger than 45 years old (born after January 1st, 1977), with a PhD degree, and an associate professor (associate researcher) or corresponding position in a renowned university or research institution.
4. Have experience in management, be able to coordinate the works among different teams at KLOSAM;
5. Work Full-time at KLOSAM.
1. Salary and benefits package will be negotiated individually with each candidate;
2. Priority recommendation for the national and CAS talents programs.
1. Application closes by 10:00 a.m. (Beijing time) on August 15, 2022. Applicants should send the requested documents to email@example.com before the deadline.
Requested documents include a job application form (Appendix 1), a Letter of Commitment to Scientific Research Integrity (Appendix 2) and supplement materials (including ID card, academic degree certificate, professional and technical position and an award certificate, representative academic papers and achievements list certificate, and other materials that need to be submitted), please provide the scanned copy of the original documents.
2. Candidates will be notified before August 20 for the interview. The time and place (on-site or online) of the interview will be announced separately.
3. The job talk should no more than 30 minutes. The content of the talk (in PowerPoint slides) mainly includes: (1) personal information; (2) work experience and scientific achievements; (3) understanding of the job position; (4) work plans.
4. CIOMP reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.
Contact: Mr.MA Honglei, Dept.of HR, CIOMP
Contact No.: +86-431-86176828
Address: #3888 Dong Nanhu Road, Changchun, Jilin, China
Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time regarding the application.